At Honeywell, we respect your privacy and protecting your personal information is of paramount importance. This Privacy Statement describes how Honeywell International Inc (“Honeywell” or “we”) collect, use and disclose your personal information in connection with GoDirect Trade (“Application”). Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that allows you to be identified. We will be the “controller” of personal information we hold about you in connection with the GoDirect Trade.
Personal information collected about you in connection with other Honeywell websites, applications, products and services may be covered by different privacy statements. It is important that you read this Privacy Statement together with any other privacy statements we may provide to you on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your personal information so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your information.
Your use of the GoDirect Trade and any information you provide through them is subject at all times to this Privacy Statement and the applicable Honeywell - User Agreement as accepted as part of your registration.
- Our collection of information
- How we use your information
- The legal basis on which we process your information
- Anonymity and your information
- Who we share your information with
- Where we store your information
- How long we keep your information
- Third party sites and services
- Protecting your information
- Your rights
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Contact us
1. Our collection of information
We will collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us, provide feedback or when you register for an account with us) and information we collect about you in connection with your use of the GoDirect Trade.
Information collected directly from you
We will collect the following information directly from you:
- Identity data, such as your name, contact details, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country);
- Registration data, such as information provided by you when you register for an account to use the GoDirect Trade, including login details and passwords;
- Marketing and communications data, including your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications;
- Financial information, including credit card or account information for the purpose of enabling us to facilitate your purchases using the GoDirect Trade platform
- Transaction data, including inquiries about and orders for our products and services and details of payments to and from you;
- Export control information, such as your nationality and country of residence, that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive information about certain technologies;
- Your feedback, including information you provide to us whenever you send us feedback or contact us for any reason, complete a survey, enter a competition or report a problem.
- Communication, including information in electronic form that you exchange with other registered users when using the GoDirect Trade platform
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Information we collect about you
We collect certain information about you based on your use of the GoDirect Trade platform including:
- Usage data, including information about how you use our GoDirect Trade platform including but not limited to the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the GoDirect Trade platform and other actions taken within the GoDirect Trade platform;
- Technical data, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, home system configuration, security settings
For information about the cookies we use on our GoDirect Trade and how to decline or turn them off, please refer to the section entitled “Cookies” below.
2. How we use your information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing the GoDirect Trade platform to you. We may use your personal information to deliver services to you or carry out transactions you have requested, including, providing information on Honeywell products or services, billing and order fulfillment, providing customer support services and facilitating your use of the GoDirect Trade platform;
- Improving our business, products and services. We may use your personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes that help us to develop and improve the quality of our business, products and services (including new products and services), for example, by customizing the GoDirect Trade platform to your particular preferences;
- Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws, we and our trusted business partners may use your personal information to inform you of products or services available from Honeywell (or members of our group companies) which may be of interest to you and to send you surveys and other communications regarding Honeywell products and services. You are able to opt-out from marketing communications at any time, free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” button in any marketing materials you receive from us or our trusted business partners, or by contacting us using the contact information listed in this Privacy Statement;]
- Research and customer analysis. We may use your personal information to conduct research and analysis to help us analyze your purchasing preferences, identify the products and services that best meet your requirements and measure the effectiveness of the advertising we or other registered users of the GoDirect Trade platform serve you;
- Administering and protecting our business. We may use your personal information to administer and protect our business and our products, including troubleshooting, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data;
- Enforcement: We may use the personal information we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our User Agreement violations of law or other misuse of the GoDirect Trade platform
We will only use your credit card and baking details in order to (1) facilitate your purchase of services or subscription packages on the GoDirect Trade platform and (2) facilitate your purchases on the GoDirect Trade platform from other 3rd party users.
We may combine the information described in this Privacy Statement with other information we hold about you in connection with your use of other Honeywell sites, applications, products and/or services in order to offer you an improved and consistent customer experience when interacting with Honeywell, improve and customize our websites, applications, products and services, etc.
3. The legal basis on which we process your information
Where required by law, we always ensure there is a legal basis for the processing of your personal information. In most cases, the legal basis for the processing of your personal information will be that:
- It is necessary for the performance of the services we provide to you;
- It is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- We have obtained your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specified purposes. If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this Privacy Statement;
- The processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interests, for example to prevent fraudulent use of the GoDirect Trade platform or prevent a breach of the user agreement.
4. Anonymity and your information
We may make your personal information anonymous so that it can no longer be used to identify you. Information made anonymous is not considered personal information and is therefore not subject to this Privacy Statement. We may collect, use and share information made anonymous for any purpose.
5. Who we share your information with
We may share your personal information with selected third parties to the extent necessary to enable them to perform their services for us, including:
- Our affiliates within the Honeywell group of companies, suppliers and sub-contractors as required for the performance of any contract with you,
- Advertisers and marketing service providers that perform services for us,
- Analytics providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our products and services,
- Prospective sellers or buyers (or their advisors) of all or part of our business assets, and/or
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators, government authorities or other third parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
6. Where we store your information
Honeywell is a global company and as such your personal information may be collected in, transferred to or accessed by Honeywell, our group companies, suppliers and/or agents located in countries outside of your country of residence, including, the United States, Mexico and India. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country of residence. However, we will take reasonable steps to protect your privacy.
Users Located in the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your personal information may be transferred to or accessed by Honeywell group companies, agents or suppliers in countries outside the European Union, namely, the United States, Mexico and India. We have put in place the EU Standard Contractual Clauses in accordance with Article 46(2) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation to ensure transfers of data outside the EEA are adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us using the details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Users Located Outside the EEA
By using or accessing our GoDirect Trade platform or contacting us and giving your information to us, you consent to the transfer of personal information outside of your country of residence, as set forth above.
7. How long we keep your information
We will retain your information for the period during which you are using the GoDirect Trade platform following which we will either delete or make anonymous your personal information (unless a longer retention period is required by law). If you cease using the GoDirect Trade platform, we may continue to use information made anonymous or aggregated data which does not identify you.
In accordance with applicable laws, we and our trusted business partners may use your personal information to inform you of products or services available from Honeywell (or members of our group companies) which may be of interest to you and to send you surveys and other communications regarding Honeywell products and services. You are able to opt-out from marketing communications at any time, free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” button in any marketing materials you receive from us or our trusted business partners, or by contacting us using the contact information listed in this Privacy Statement.
9. Third party sites and services
The GoDirect Trade platform may contain links to third party websites, products and services. We have no liability or responsibility for those sites or their policies. Information collected by those third parties, which may include things like your contact details, are governed by their privacy policies. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those third parties.
If the GoDirect Trade platform is distributed to you by a third party, such as a dealer, contractor, or a retailer, the collection and use of your personal information by those third parties is governed by their privacy policies. You acknowledge that Honeywell does not control the collection and use of your personal information by those third parties. We may make your personal information available to those third parties in accordance with the terms of our services agreement with that third party. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those third parties.
10. Protecting your information
Honeywell is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a User ID and password to access the GoDirect Trade platform, you are responsible for keeping those log-on credentials confidential and not revealing them to others in accordance with the terms as set out in the user agreement you have accepted as part of your registration process.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your hard drive or to your browser's memory. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the hard drive of your computer or other device.
Categories of cookies that we use
The types of cookie we may use fall into four categories: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality & Profile and Advertising.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for the operation of the GoDirect Trade platform particularly in connection with information searches and order placement. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the GoDirect Trade platform or “shopping basket cookies,” which remember the products that you wish to purchase when you add products to your shopping basket or proceed to checkout.
2. Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our GoDirect Trade platform for example which pages you go to most often and if you get any error messages from certain pages. This helps us to improve the way our GoDirect Trade platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality & Profile Cookies
These cookies are used to recognize you when you use the GoDirect Trade platform. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, you choice of language or region).
4. Advertising Cookies
These cookies record how you interact with the GoDirect Trade platform and may be used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They may also be used to limit the times you see an advertisement as well as help to measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
5. Third Party Cookies
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on the GoDirect Trade platform. Third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on the GoDirect Trade platform. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
Setting your cookie preference
You can withdraw your consent at any time by modifying the settings of your browser to reject or disable cookies. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the GoDirect Trade platform. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
12. Your rights
You may have certain rights with respect to personal information about you that is collected through the GoDirect Trade platform which vary depending on your country of residence.
To help you exercise your rights we may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We will normally respond to any requests from you to exercise your rights within one month from when your request is received. You will be notified of any extension to this period. We normally facilitate your requests free of charge although we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing the data if the request is baseless, excessive or repeated. Alternatively, we may decline to act in those cases.
To help you to understand your rights, we have summarized them below and provided guidelines as to the different circumstances in which they may apply. For more information on your rights or if you would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Your rights in more detail:
a. The right to be informed
This means you have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use personal your information and your legal rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Statement.
b. The right of access
You have the right to confirmation that your information is being processed, access to your information (if we’re processing it) and certain other information (most of which is set out in this Privacy Statement). We can request proof of identity and enough information to enable us to find the information you request.
We can refuse to provide access where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise adversely affect another person’s rights. Subject access requests are not a substitute for disclosure processes in litigation.
c. The right to rectification
You’re entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate. You also have the right to have incomplete personal information completed. Whether this is appropriate will depend on the purposes for which your personal information is being processed.
d. The right to erasure
This is known as the “right to be forgotten” and enables you to request the deletion of your information in certain circumstances, including where: the information is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected/processed; you withdraw your consent (where previously provided); we’ve been processing your data in breach of data protection laws; you object to the processing and our legitimate interests in continuing to process your information don’t take priority; or the data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
The right to erasure does not apply in certain circumstances where we are processing your information including: to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information; to comply with a legal obligation; for scientific research or statistical purposes; or for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
e. The right to restrict processing
You’ve the right to restrict the processing of your information in the following circumstances: where you contest the accuracy of the information, we need to restrict the processing until we have verified its accuracy; when processing is unlawful and you oppose erasure and request restriction instead; if we no longer need the information but you need it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; where you’ve objected to the processing in the circumstances detailed in paragraph (a) of “The right to object” and we’re considering whose interests should take priority.
f. The right to data portability
You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move your information easily to that provider safely and securely without affecting its usability. The right to data portability applies to information you’ve provided to us (not any other information) provided that the processing is carried out by automated means and based on either your consent or necessary for the performance of the contract with you. We can refuse your request if the processing does not satisfy these criteria or if complying the request would adversely affect another person’s rights.
g. The right to object
You have the right to object to certain types of activities involving your personal information:
i. Legitimate interests
You can object at any time to processing of your personal information based on our legitimate interests on grounds relating to your personal circumstances. If we can show compelling legitimate grounds for processing your information which take priority over your interests, or we need your information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, we can continue to process it.
ii. Direct marketing
You can object at any time to your personal information being used for direct marketing purposes.
iii. Scientific research and statistics
If we use your personal information for scientific research or statistical purposes, you can object on grounds relating to your personal circumstances. We can continue with the processing if it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
We will respond to any requests from you to exercise your rights within the timeframes required by law. We may charge a fee to facilitate your request where permitted by law. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy Statement. We may take steps to verify your identity before taking action on a request. If you believe our processing of your personal information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the supervisory authority in charge of overseeing compliance with data protection law in your jurisdiction. We would however appreciate the chance to address your concerns, so please feel free to contact us regarding any complaint you may have.
If you have questions about your rights or wish to exercise your rights, you can submit privacy questions via the following link:
13. Changes to this Privacy Statement
The terms of this Privacy Statement are subject to change from time to time. We will post any changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice. Where required by law, we will obtain your prior consent to proposed changes to this Privacy Statement.
14. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at Honeywellprivacy@honeywell.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response to any complaints you raise with us or you believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to your data protection supervisory authority. We would however appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please feel free to contact us regarding any complaint you may have.
Last updated October 2018